My thoughts and musings on living a straight, Christian life while dealing with same sex attraction (SSA). Respectful comments are welcomed.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Determination


Sometimes something made to entertain hits upon some great eternal truth, and then the entertainment hits home for all of us. Here is one such truth wrapped up in one simple quote. Dark and difficult times lie ahead...Now is the time that we must choose between what is right, and what is easy.

Ever has this been the choice we as humans have faced, but I think the time is coming when we will not be able to sit on the fence. We will need to take a stand; be determined and not "tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive."

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris W. said...

Thank you for your comments. I have heard mixed things about Evergreen, so I have been hesitant about contacting this organization. I would very interested in hearing your experiences with Evergreen. That might give me the courage I need!

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Some Like It Hot said...

I too would like to hear about evergreen. They are on my "to investigate list". But I keep putting it off because I'm so lazy.

1:30 AM

 
Blogger LDSwithSSA said...

I will do a post about it in the next day or so. If it doesn't give what you want, I have listed an e-mail address where you can write me for more info.

5:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About that quote that I've heard before: that's not to say that every thing that is hard is necessarily right and every thing that is easy is automatically wrong.

11:25 AM

 
Blogger LDSwithSSA said...

Foxx said...that's not to say that every thing that is hard is necessarily right and every thing that is easy is automatically wrong.

Well of course not. Sometimes, doing the right thing is easy, but oftentimes, it takes moral fortitude to stand up for what's right. Satan always makes sin look like the easy path, lulling us into a sense of security, and we don't see the price until later (sometimes too late).

4:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home