My thoughts and musings on living a straight, Christian life while dealing with same sex attraction (SSA). Respectful comments are welcomed.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ascent


I have always loved this picture. The artist (David Linn) described it's meaning this way: "Living the gospel demands that we help one another climb upward out of the darkness of the world into the light of truth. As the Lord's Church, we form a living chain on the mountain of this mortal existence drawing one another toward the veil, and the presence of the Lord."

Too often, those of us with this issue let our shame keep us struggling in solitude. We need to reach out to others for support and fellowship. Including me. I don't call someone often enough when I am struggling. I going to try to do better at this. I hope you guys do, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew King said...

This is one of my favourite paintings by David Linn too! The imagery just speaks so powerfully to me. I've got a copy of it hanging in my room and was looking for an electronic version online when I stumbled upon your blog. I'm not a LDS but I am also SSA and can identify with where you're coming from. I stumbled upon his work when I was visiting Salt Lake City for a holiday in 2003. Thanks for sharing it.

8:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home